FET’s Structural Engineering practice is seeking a Structural Engineer in our Orlando, FL office. The ideal candidate for this position is a licensed Professional and Structural Engineer with a strong interest in investigation and analysis of structural engineering projects and related topics such as building envelope, construction defect, and failure analysis.
Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative consulting environment which requires a high degree of self-motivation, professionalism, organization, responsiveness, and resilience to stress. Previous experience managing small projects and developing business opportunities with clients is favored.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Conduct unbiased field investigations and testing of incidents and/or loss events.
- Investigate and analyze building envelope, construction defect, and other related items
- Provide technical findings, analysis, and conclusions, either verbally or in writing, in a timely fashion and in laymen’s terms.
- Identify, develop, and secure new business opportunities.
- Travel for client meetings, field work, marketing, and business development.
- Maintain communication with client, supervising project manager, and project team on status and scope of assigned projects.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge related to the engineer’s practice area(s) through attending continuing education courses and workshops, attending industry/practice related seminars, reviewing relevant scientific and professional publications, and participating in professional organizations and societies.
- Continuously meet or exceed assigned performance metrics and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or higher is preferred
- P.E. license or ability to obtain in Florida
- S.E. license or ability to obtain in Florida
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in civil/structural engineering related occupation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in technical reports is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attitude to deliver results.
- Mathematically and technologically inclined with the ability to adapt to new environments or scenarios quickly.
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensure and certification.
- Ability to work remotely or while traveling to different job sites. (reliable cellular service, access to high-speed data, etc.)
- Must be able to travel to different regions in and outside of Florida. (maintain established insurance requirements, have reliable transportation, etc.)
- Willingness and desire to work above and beyond the minimum performance and goal requirements.