FET’s Structural Engineering practice is seeking a Structural Engineer in our Orlando, FL office. The ideal candidate for this position is a licensed Professional and Structural Engineer with a strong interest in investigation and analysis of structural engineering projects related topics such as building envelope, construction defect, and failure analysis. Candidates should have experience managing small projects and developing business opportunities with current and prospective clients. Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative consulting environment which requires a high degree of self-motivation, professionalism, organization, responsiveness, and resilience to stress.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Conduct unbiased field investigations and testing of incidents and/or loss events.
- Investigate and analyze mechanical devices, products, designs, and other related items.
- Provide technical findings, analysis, and conclusions, either verbally or in writing, in a timely fashion and in laymen’s terms.
- Identify, develop, and secure new business opportunities.
- Travel for client meetings, field work, marketing, and business development.
- Maintain communication with clients, supervising project managers, and project team on status and scope of assigned projects.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge related to the engineer’s practice area(s) through attending continuing education courses and workshops, attending industry/practice related seminars, reviewing relevant scientific and professional publications, and participating in professional organizations and societies.
- Continuously meet or exceed assigned performance metrics and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or higher is preferred
- P.E. license or ability to obtain in Florida
- S.E. license or ability to obtain in Florida
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in civil/structural engineering related occupation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in technical reports is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attitude to deliver results.
- Mathematically and technologically inclined with the ability to adapt to new environments or scenarios quickly.
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensure and certification.
- Ability to work remotely or while traveling to different job sites. (reliable cellular service, access to high-speed data, etc.)
- Must be able to travel to different regions in and outside of Florida. (maintain established insurance requirements, have reliable transportation, etc.)
- Willingness and desire to work above and beyond the minimum performance and goal requirements.