Responsibilities & Duties for Mechanical Engineering Position:
- Conduct unbiased field investigations and testing of incidents and/or loss events.
- Investigate and analyze mechanical devices, products, designs, and other related items.
- Provide technical findings, analysis, and conclusions, either verbally or in writing, in a timely fashion and in laymen’s terms.
- Travel for client meetings, field work, marketing, and business development.
- Maintain communication with client, supervising project manager, and project team on status and scope of assigned projects.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge related to the engineer’s practice area(s) through attending continuing education courses and workshops, attending industry/practice related seminars, reviewing relevant scientific and professional publications, and participating in professional organizations and societies.
- Continuously meet or exceed assigned performance metrics and goals.
Requirements for Mechanical Engineering Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s degree or higher is preferred
- P.E. registration or ability to obtain
- Minimum of 5 years of post-academic industry engineering experience
- ACTAR certification or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in technical reports is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attitude to deliver results.
- Mathematically and technologically inclined with the ability to adapt to new environments or scenarios quickly.
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensure and certification for FET.
- Ability to work remotely or while travelling to different job sites. (reliable cellular service, access to high-speed data, etc.)
- Must be able to travel to different regions in and outside of Florida. (maintain established insurance requirements, have reliable transportation, etc.)
- Willingness and desire to work above and beyond the minimum performance and goal requirements.
- Willingness to be on call a maximum of 2 weekends per month for rapid response or emergency events.
There are substantial physical requirements for this position. You will be investigating multiple loss events at a time and will likely be travelling to sites/vehicles/facilities to perform evidence preservation or scene analysis on a weekly basis. Need the ability to lift objects weighing 50-100lbs, reach, bend, and drive for extended periods at a time.
You will be working closely with multiple senior engineers and assisting in their projects. It is required that applicants for this position possess strong organizational skills to handle large work loads while maintaining accuracy and detail.