FET’s Accident Reconstruction practice is seeking a Mechanical Engineer in our Orlando, FL office. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong interest in automobiles and accident reconstruction, as well as a desire to develop themselves on a professional and technical basis. In this role, you will be working closely with one of our senior P.E. project managers to investigate, analyze, and reconstruct automobile accidents, premises liability cases, product failure cases, and other related loss events.
Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative consulting environment which requires a high degree of self-motivation, professionalism, organization, responsiveness, and resilience to stress.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Conduct unbiased field investigations and testing of incidents and/or loss events.
- Investigate and analyze mechanical devices, products, designs, and other related items.
- Provide technical findings, analysis, and conclusions, either verbally or in writing, in a timely fashion and in laymen’s terms.
- Travel for field work and client meetings.
- Maintain communication with the client, supervising project manager, and project team on status and scope of assigned projects.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge related to the engineer’s practice area(s) through attending continuing education courses and workshops, attending industry/practice related seminars, reviewing relevant scientific and professional publications, and participating in professional organizations and societies.
- Continuously meet or exceed assigned performance metrics and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s degree or higher is preferred.
- F.E. license or ability to obtain is preferred.
- ACTAR certification or ability to obtain within 1 year.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in technical reports is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attitude to deliver results.
- Mathematically and technologically inclined with the ability to adapt to new environments or scenarios quickly.
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensure and certification.
- Ability to work remotely or while traveling to different job sites. (reliable cellular service, access to high-speed data, etc.)
- Must be able to travel to different regions in and outside of Florida. (maintain established insurance requirements, have reliable transportation, etc.)
- Willingness and desire to work above and beyond the minimum performance and goal requirements.