Senior Mechanical Engineer
FET’s Accident Reconstruction practice is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Orlando, FL office. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong interest in accident reconstruction and failure analysis and a foundation of experience in expert witness testimony and developing business opportunities with current and prospective clients. Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative consulting environment which requires a high degree of self-motivation, professionalism, organization, responsiveness, and resilience to stress.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Conduct unbiased field investigations and testing of incidents and/or loss events.
- Investigate and analyze mechanical devices, products, designs, and other related items.
- Provide technical findings, analysis, and conclusions, either verbally or in writing, in a timely fashion and in laymen’s terms.
- Identify, develop, and secure new business opportunities.
- Travel for client meetings, field work, marketing, and business development.
- Maintain communication with the client and project team on the status and scope of assigned projects.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge related to the engineer’s practice area(s) through attending continuing education courses and workshops, attending industry/practice related seminars, reviewing relevant scientific and professional publications, and participating in professional organizations and societies.
- Continuously meet or exceed assigned performance metrics and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s degree or higher is preferred
- P.E. license or ability to obtain in Florida
- Minimum of 5 years of post-academic industry engineering experience
- ACTAR certification or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in technical reports is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attitude to deliver results.
- Mathematically and technologically inclined with the ability to adapt to new environments or scenarios quickly.
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensure and certification.
- Ability to work remotely or while traveling to different job sites. (reliable cellular service, access to high-speed data, etc.)
- Must be able to travel to different regions in and outside of Florida. (maintain established insurance requirements, have reliable transportation, etc.)
- Willingness and desire to work above and beyond the minimum performance and goal requirements.