Structural Engineer – Orlando, FL
FET’s Structural Engineering practice is seeking to hire a Structural Engineer in our Orlando, FL office. The ideal candidate for this position is an EIT or newly licensed Professional Engineer with 2-4 years of structural design experience. A strong interest in the investigation and analysis of structural engineering projects is ideal such as building envelope, construction defect, and failure analysis. In this role, you will be working closely with one of our senior P.E. structural engineers/project managers.
Candidates should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative consulting environment, which requires a high degree of self-motivation, professionalism, organization, and responsiveness.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Conduct unbiased field investigations and testing of incidents and/or loss events.
- Investigate and analyze building envelope, construction defect, and other related items
- Provide technical findings, analysis, and conclusions, either verbally or in writing, in a timely fashion and in laymen’s terms.
- Identify, develop, and secure new business opportunities.
- Travel for client meetings, field work, marketing, and business development.
- Maintain communication with client, supervising project manager, and project team on status and scope of assigned projects.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge related to the engineer’s practice area(s) through attending continuing education courses and workshops, attending industry/practice related seminars, reviewing relevant scientific and professional publications, and participating in professional organizations and societies.
- Continuously meet or exceed assigned performance metrics and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or higher is preferred
- EIT certification and ability to become licensed in multiple states, model law preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in structural engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience writing technical reports is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attitude to deliver results.
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensure and certification.
- Ability to work remotely or while traveling to different job sites. (reliable cellular service, access to high-speed data, etc.)
- Must be able to travel to different regions in and outside of Florida. (maintain established insurance requirements, have reliable transportation, etc.)
- Willingness and desire to work above and beyond the minimum performance and goal requirements.