The Power of Understanding Causation and Prevention.
A comprehensive understanding of the hazards, causes, and frequency of electrical failure is vital to assessing property safety, minimizing human risk, and developing an array of safe consumer and industrial products. In the most complex investigations, where electrical failure involves devastating commercial or residential property fires, it takes experienced professionals to investigate and determine causation.
Our forensic electrical engineers routinely participate in fieldwork and laboratory examinations to develop in-depth analyses and provide expert testimony for disputes and claims involving law firms and insurance agencies. Their forensic evaluations include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Fire investigation support in the field and the lab
- Equipment damage evaluations/scope of repair from fire, water, and lightning
- Electrocutions and electrical injuries from high/low voltage
- Consumer and industrial product research and recall for potential defects
- Battery failure analysis including Li-ion, Ni-MH and lead-acid
- Vehicle, boat and yacht components